New digital data
Researchers at SHU can deposit and/or register their digital research data here and link it to their publications in SHURA.
Deposit your data
You can deposit digital data as follows
- Decide what needs to be archived. You can refer to our guidance on selecting and preserving research data
- Save your dataset in suitable file formats and with accompanying documentation in a separate folder on your Q:\Research drive, eg in a folder called "shurda", where repository staff may retrieve your data, or in exceptional cases arrange for your data to be transferred to repository staff in another way. You can refer to our guidance on file formats and documenting research data
- Login with your university username and password to create a metadata record for your dataset. Here you will indicate in which folder on your Q:\Research drive repository staff may find your data. Once you've created your metadata record, repository staff will archive the actual files for you
- Repository staff will check your metadata record and your files, and may get back to you with further questions. You will be informed when your data goes live
Register your data
It may be that you archived your data elsewhere. In that case the University's research data management policy asks you to register your dataset in SHURDA. You can register digital data as follows:
- Login with your university username and password to create a metadata record for your dataset
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.